Experimental Cider Custom Mix Pack - 12x 750ml bottles
Cases are fully customizable but are dependant on availability. Select Custom Case and leave a note with what you would like your case to include or select Mixed Case and we will send you a randomized mix.
The Lineup - 11 options available
FALLING IN STAVES
- Cider Apricot Co-ferment - Those who have visited summerland early in the summer will be familiar with the apricot trees dotting the area. We collect apricots from our own trees, our friends, and Windrosa Farms.
HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL
- Cider Peach Co-ferment - When we embark on adding an alternative fruit to our cider we always look for the best fruit possible. This year we worked with Red Haven peaches from Windrosa farms.
NOM DE PLUME
- English bittersweet cider apples naturally fermented with wild yeasts and aged on crushed Italian plums.
EVER CLOSER UNION
- For this cider we started with Macintosh juice and co-fermented it with the pomace from pressed Dolgo crabapples. Bringing the two together by fermenting with pomace adds tannin and acid in a different way than using the crabapple juice itself.
TIMES LIKE THESE
- Early season Transparent apples fermented at record high ambient summer temperatures with Norwegian kveik yeast. Finished in neutral oak on lees for five months. May contain traces of gluten. Bottle conditioned. Unfined and unfiltered.
THEORY & PRACTICE
- Eighteenth century heirloom apple, Newtown, fermented with wild yeasts and bottled using the méthode ancestrale. Aged on lees for eight months before disgorging.
HUE & CRY
- Single varietal cider made from organically grown Hyslop crab apples picked at our friend Anne’s orchard. Bottle conditioned.
ONCE & FUTURE
- Quince Perry - Quince, the knobbly distant cousin of apples and pears has long been respected for their heady and unique aroma. Historically they were used in cooking and preserves but fell out of fashion with industrialized agriculture.
QUIET OF THE LAND
- Single-varietal Kingston Black, famed English cider apple. Renowned for its balanced flavour and astringency. Naturally fermented with wild yeasts and barrel-aged for six months. Bottle conditioned. Rich auburn colour, full-bodied, medium acidity.
EVER CLOSER UNION
- After juicing Dolgo crabapples, we rehydrated the dry pomace with a blend of juice and let it co-ferment for two months. The resulting cider was then barrel-aged for a further three months, giving rise to a structured, well-rounded cider.
BACK VINTAGE MYSTERY BOTTLE
- One of our back log of previous vintages, wild fermented, crown capped and aged to perfection.